so one of my classes, (poor, poor Logic) has been cancled.
What does this mean? Well it means that I'm now stuck here... well... till 10:10 at least. (that's the time I have to head to the bus stop. still quite a gruiling trip, I must say.)
So, what to talk about.. well, I've been getting back into blender lately. Ok, it's only techincaly "back" into, I only really looked at it a bit before. (I decided that google sketchup was much more simple.) But getting back to it I've found it to be most useful. I've not yet attempted to model a charecter in it, the best I've done is model a face so far. (and that's not quite finished.) I found some models online that Ive started riggeing too. Oh man rigging is fun! I know that sounds like he lamest statement ever, but I'm telling you, the feeling you get when you pull some "bones" around, and the model's mesh follows them? Awesome. If you have any interest in modeling whatsoever, try blender. Not only does it model, and open well over a dozen different model types(I even got it to open a model I made in sketchup, a feat wich has me highly excited) it also renders, riggs, skins, and UV maps, it also can be used as an animation tool! Like, you could feasibly create full movies with nothing but blender! Talk about awesome!
Note to the first timers: blender is NOT a beginners program! It is a highly technical instrument, and can be VERY difficult to figure out on your own. My advice? Youtube!! There are literally hundreds of tutorials for blender on youtube! Learning somthing new is never easy, and there is no shame in asking for a little help. Just youtube "blender tutorial" + whatever you are specificly having trouble with. It's that simple.
Well, I gotta go catch a bus.
May your swords stay ever sharp,
-Feron
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment