Monday, March 9, 2009

Some Speculation (on FF13!!)

Ok, I'm not one to speculate, (what am I saying? Most of what I do is speculate!)
but with Final Fantasy 13, and versus 13 coming out sometime in 2010, (actually, Dec1 and 13 respectively, if amazon is to be trusted) I can't help but uess as to what they will contain. Now note that I haven't really researced any of this, and most of it is based simply on the trailers.
ok.
First: The hero. A lot of info is already to be had about the hero of Vs. 13, and you can find a lot of info from wikipedia too.
My speculations: One, this guy's a king, but doesn't seem too proud of it. He's constantly dealing with assasins and the like, in including some sort of betrayal? (based on this pic:
this is a girl he seems to meet at a party of some sort, based on his tux.
and later when he is attacked, check the hair:
ok, you can't really see it in this still image,(check the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f3K3WbY94 ) but the hair could be the same... she also strikes me as somthing of an older sister chatecter. just speculation...;)

Expect teleportation, wether this takes the form of a type of "zip" map (think Myst) or point and shoot I could not tell you, but it will be in there. It looks like his element is ice, both because of the ice-like sounds his swords make as they transition in and out of use, and the shavings they drop, but it's also mad fairly obvious right here:

also looks like he's part of a (resistance?) group of some kind:

These other people seem to be good friends, I'd say to look out for some betrayal from this quarter, but based on the rather straightforward nature of past final fantasy games, don't bet on it.

There is also the matter of this girl:


Looks like they know eachother to some extent, (based on his suprised reaction to seeing her) or she is someone he liked who turns out to be his enemy.
(note that his element seems to be ice, while hers seems to be flame, two incompatible elements.) I'd say look to her for the love intrest. (you know, that old cleche, forbidden love or some such thing) she also seems to show some regret at having to fight him:

(note the downturned brows)
I have high hopes for this game, my inability to play it once it does come out notwithstanding. I think that's what I've got for now, I'm looking forward to actually playing, or more likely, watching someone play this game..

Anyway, Square Enix's method of releasing a new trailer that tells us exactly nothing every once in a while seems to be working to the extent of drumming up hype. And from what I've seen of both games, they look to have no trouble keeping up with it.(the hype, that is)

well, that abot covers it for now, If I think of more, I'll post that too.
Or if you see the trailers and have somthing else to add, feel free to comment.

May your sword stay ever sharp,
-Feron

No comments:

Post a Comment